Monday, December 11, 2006

A wrinkle in the fabric of dual identities

I think my mother is becoming suspicious.

Every time I go out to battle the forces of evil, I've been telling her that I have romantical dates planned. She gives me suspicious eyes but does not say anything. She knows that my SI does not usually have romantical dates, and now I try to make her believe that I am going on them almost every single night. Perhaps Captain Goldensword needs more practice being dishonest?

NEVER.

It violates truth, justice, really good spaghetti, and everything else Captain Goldensword stands for. I must simply tell her the truth and. . . no. . . mother will ground my SI and henpeck him with shrill criticisms that make him want to move his bowels. . . hmmm. . . Aha! I will say this to her:

"Mother, I cannot tell you where it is that I am going in the evenings, but suffice it to say, that each night when I return, the ranks of the legions of Evil have been thinned. I would tell what it is that I do if I could, but I fear that it would put you at risk, and I simply care for you too much to allow that." and then beautiful music will play as my mother looks at me with newfound respect, her lower lip trembles and a single teardrop trickles down her chin as she. . .

Uh, pretend Captain Goldensword did not type that last part.

And now I must be off, but not to rend the skin and snap the skeletons of Evil as one might suppose. No, in fact, I have a new job as a living mannequin in the window of a secondhand clothing store on third street.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, nice blog. Uh, would that be the one on Third and Franklin or the rundown one on Third and Danger?

Captain Goldensword - superhero of righteousness said...

Third and Danger, why do you ask?

Captain Goldensword does not like commenters wearing masks of anonymity. Who are you exactly?

Anonymous said...

Don't worry dude, I'm not the one you have to worry about. See you tonight....MWAA-HAAAA-HAA-HA-HA-HA!