Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Altered reality and the discomfort it causes.

Evil reared its ugly head whilst my SI was hard at work yesterday eve. I first noticed it from the window of the storefront at the secondhand clothing store where I work as a live mannequin. I had just struck a sassy pose, wearing a baggy flannel jacket and plaid pants with Mork suspenders, when I saw a disturbance in continueum of space/time outside of the Four Leaf Clover bar and grill across the street. A tall glowing rift shaped like Micheal Jackson with his head ablaze quickly spread in size, engulfing the dirty street and both businesses.

I awoke in my golden mask, cape, and tights, and was startled by the strange universe I found myself in: up was down, black was white, liberal politicians sat in the highest positions of power, and girls wore baseball caps. And worst of all... it was packed to bursting with the forces of Evil. I had to literally fight my way across the whole universe to get back to the Micheal-shaped rift, and it took me ten-thousand years, but by some strange twist of the physics of the greater reality of the cosmos, I returned the same instant in which I'd left, wearing the clashing plaid garments behind the streaked window of the second-hand store.

I was somewhat disoriented, and wondered at first if I had dreamed the entire situation, but then I noticed a costumed villian in front of the Four Leaf Clover. He wore a purple costume with tasteful, yet sinister fringe, and he merely looked at me and without a word, pointed at me as if to say, "This first time was just a warning, Goldensword, but when we meet again, you shall not be so lucky, because I, (whatever his name would be), am now your worst nightmare, and arch-enemy - the equivalent of Tommy Lang who used to beat you up and take your desserts at morning reccess in fifth grade."

With that, the costumed villain took flight, and I, Captain Goldensword, superhero of righteousness, was unable to follow becuase my break was not for another twenty-five minutes.

But we shall indeed meet again, and next time, there will be no draw - the forces of righteousness shall prevail, and the forces of Evil shall do the opposite, which would be to unvail? Or devail? I don't know, but the smiting shall be intense.

(p.s. I think yesterday's mysterious commenter had something to do with all of this.)

No comments: